fendubbers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Offering my services

Go down 
+3
LOWANDSLOW
duxdubber
RE2000
7 posters
AuthorMessage
RE2000

Male Number of posts : 66
Drives : MK2 GTI 16v RE2000 Golf
Registration date : 2010-08-12

Offering my services Empty
PostSubject: Offering my services   Offering my services EmptyThu Sep 23 2010, 14:47

Hey all

There seems to be very little in the way of help for people with electrical faults now im a trained techy and worked on Vw for 5 years so ask away if ya need anything, plus i can get all new wiring diagrams just sourcing out the old ones atm.

Cheers
Simon
Back to top Go down
duxdubber

duxdubber

Male Number of posts : 55
Drives : mk2 golf gti 16v and discovery 3
Registration date : 2010-08-20

PostSubject: Re: Offering my services   Offering my services EmptyThu Sep 23 2010, 18:02

Could well be after your services in the near future. My wiring is well shot in the engine bay department. Wires loose, frayed and everywhere. What you charging?

Chris
Back to top Go down
RE2000

PostSubject: Re: Offering my services   Offering my services EmptyThu Sep 23 2010, 18:49

Not alot depends on the job if its straight forward cheep but if its wiring faults and i need to be a detective thats a little more as its time consuming, but straight froward rewiring aint exspensive. cant say a price though as i price to whats required not by the hour if that makes sense
Back to top Go down
duxdubber

duxdubber

Male Number of posts : 55
Drives : mk2 golf gti 16v and discovery 3
Registration date : 2010-08-20

PostSubject: Re: Offering my services   Offering my services EmptyThu Sep 23 2010, 19:06

yeah im only after re wiring. (some connections have come loose and hanging on by their last few threads.) will have to arrange for you to sort it for me some time. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
LOWANDSLOW

LOWANDSLOW

Male Number of posts : 877
Drives : Mk2 golf 8v
Registration date : 2010-04-11

PostSubject: Re: Offering my services   Offering my services EmptyMon Sep 27 2010, 09:01

Just bought a corrado that may need your skills pm me your number mate! Thanks Kelvin Offering my services 51732
Back to top Go down
Stampers

Stampers

Male Number of posts : 1553
Drives : BMW 32HATE
Registration date : 2009-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Offering my services   Offering my services EmptyMon Sep 27 2010, 11:29

Hi mate.
You got any wiring diagrams for a Passat B5.5? It's the early B5.5 (51 plate).
Would be awesome if you could dig one out!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ghettofresh.co.uk
RE2000

PostSubject: Re: Offering my services   Offering my services EmptyMon Sep 27 2010, 13:55

Hey what part of the diagram you need they come in all sections, engine, power windows ect ect
Back to top Go down
Stampers

Stampers

PostSubject: Re: Offering my services   Offering my services EmptyMon Sep 27 2010, 15:19

Sorry, just me being stupid.
I thought i'd lost the PDF on the passat wiring system but found it in another folder.

You might be able to help with another query...
I don't suppose you have the wiring diagram/manual for the VW Gamma headunit?
Not the wiring for inside the car, but which pin on the back of the stereo does what.

I only ask as I've heard people have hooked a sub up through their stock headunit as there is a way of making a dedicated output on the stereo.
Obviously all I need to do is locate the preferred output, change the connection from the block to have an RCA feeding out from it and link directly to an amp.
Then its all gravy from there.

Any help is much appreciated!
Back to top Go down
jimmymidnight

jimmymidnight

Male Number of posts : 1998
Drives : 2003 W215 MB CL500 - 5.0 V8
Registration date : 2008-03-13

PostSubject: Re: Offering my services   Offering my services EmptyMon Sep 27 2010, 15:43

Stampers wrote:
Sorry, just me being stupid.
I thought i'd lost the PDF on the passat wiring system but found it in another folder.

You might be able to help with another query...
I don't suppose you have the wiring diagram/manual for the VW Gamma headunit?
Not the wiring for inside the car, but which pin on the back of the stereo does what.

I only ask as I've heard people have hooked a sub up through their stock headunit as there is a way of making a dedicated output on the stereo.
Obviously all I need to do is locate the preferred output, change the connection from the block to have an RCA feeding out from it and link directly to an amp.
Then its all gravy from there.

Any help is much appreciated!

I did this in my old Bora, no need to mess about with the wiring, you can just by a lead that clips in the back next to the changer input that has an RCA out for the amp and then you just splice in the power. Piece 'o' p**s and works a treat, no sound problems and I was running 2 1000w JBL's! I'll find you the link to the autoleads part!

Last edited by jimmymidnight on Mon Sep 27 2010, 15:53; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jimmymidnight

jimmymidnight

Male Number of posts : 1998
Drives : 2003 W215 MB CL500 - 5.0 V8
Registration date : 2008-03-13

PostSubject: Re: Offering my services   Offering my services EmptyMon Sep 27 2010, 15:44

Back to top Go down
Lupton_20vt

Lupton_20vt

Male Number of posts : 6815
Registration date : 2009-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Offering my services   Offering my services EmptyMon Sep 27 2010, 16:13

I have one of these cables stamps PM me if your interested.
Back to top Go down
Stampers

Stampers

PostSubject: Re: Offering my services   Offering my services EmptyMon Sep 27 2010, 18:10

I've started a new thread about the line-out/preamp question as to not draw attention from the original topic.
Here: https://fendubbers.forummotion.com/ice-and-security-f12/sub-installation-with-a-gamma-headunit-t11546.htm#104391

Sorry for any hijacking!
Back to top Go down
RE2000

PostSubject: Re: Offering my services   Offering my services EmptyTue Sep 28 2010, 10:16

Haha no worries its all eletrical, thats what this post is for to get people helping out.

I do have the pick and pin numbers to which also have a few spare head units from my days at VW Smile if anyone needs one!
Back to top Go down
gangsterdub

Male Number of posts : 148
Drives : 2.8 VR6 MK3 Golf
Registration date : 2008-09-17

PostSubject: Offering my services   Offering my services EmptyTue Oct 12 2010, 17:26

Hi ive got an early rado and it kept blowing fuses and smoking out of the steering column Offering my services 795435 . the fuses are for the front wipers. I kept replacing the fuse but same happened and now nothing at all, not even burning them out let alone working.

Is this the wiper motor causing this at all? any suggestions would be a big help

thanks
Back to top Go down
RE2000

PostSubject: Re: Offering my services   Offering my services EmptyWed Oct 13 2010, 09:44

Did it blow the fuse straight away or when you operated the wipers?

Sounds like either an earth fault/motor or relay problem.

But could be a trapped wire.

So check when fuse blows and we can go from there
Back to top Go down
gangsterdub

Male Number of posts : 148
Drives : 2.8 VR6 MK3 Golf
Registration date : 2008-09-17

PostSubject: offering my services   Offering my services EmptyWed Oct 13 2010, 12:49

It blows the fuse 95% of the time as soon as i turn the ignition on, but the rest after ive had it on bout 5 min+. Now there is nothing at when i but a fuse in there dude
Back to top Go down
RE2000

PostSubject: Re: Offering my services   Offering my services EmptyWed Oct 13 2010, 16:53

Hmm fancy a trip out my way so i can see it ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Offering my services   Offering my services Empty

Back to top Go down

Offering my services
Page 1 of 1