fendubbers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Dings/Dents, Scratch removal and machine polishing

Go down 
+5
Dan_Dubb
tom w
mk1g60phill
curtis_caddy
CaddyRage
9 posters
AuthorMessage
CaddyRage
Admin
CaddyRage

Male Number of posts : 6348
Drives : T4 2.5tdi daily, 83 mk1 golf gti 16v, 92 mk1 Caddy project
Registration date : 2007-12-29

Dings/Dents, Scratch removal and machine polishing Empty
PostSubject: Dings/Dents, Scratch removal and machine polishing   Dings/Dents, Scratch removal and machine polishing EmptyThu Jun 09 2011, 19:17

Hi all

Just thought i'd post up mentioning that myself and my mate do Smart repair work

If you have any dents, dings or scratches that you'd like removing or even if you want your paintwork to come up as new as possible, then feel free to PM with details of the job you'd like doing.

We both do this as a trade and currently work on Volvo's and Ford's. The Fords are RAC inspected afterwards so the standards are very high.

Some of you have used me before so you'll know what i'am like for attention to detail.

Also, i could be looking for a car to use as a demo so if your soon to buy a new car with a few miles on the clock and looking a little dull. Get in touch!

Thank you

lee

Back to top Go down
http://www.fendubbers.co.uk
curtis_caddy

curtis_caddy

Male Number of posts : 3070
Drives : mk2 driver
Registration date : 2008-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Dings/Dents, Scratch removal and machine polishing   Dings/Dents, Scratch removal and machine polishing EmptyThu Jun 09 2011, 20:00

pm me some details man, only need my roof doing on the mk4 as ive got a new front bumper and the wings are nailed so no point waisting your time on those. got a few pics if you need some
Back to top Go down
mk1g60phill

mk1g60phill

Male Number of posts : 2918
Drives : Seat leon fr 20vt & a t4 land barge hippy van.
Registration date : 2008-02-21

PostSubject: Re: Dings/Dents, Scratch removal and machine polishing   Dings/Dents, Scratch removal and machine polishing EmptyFri Jun 10 2011, 06:35

Theres a few bits on mmy seat that i want doing before winter if your ever in town pop over and have a look .
Back to top Go down
http://deborah.ball703@ntlworld.com
CaddyRage
Admin
CaddyRage

PostSubject: Re: Dings/Dents, Scratch removal and machine polishing   Dings/Dents, Scratch removal and machine polishing EmptyFri Jun 10 2011, 06:52

mk1g60phill wrote:
Theres a few bits on mmy seat that i want doing before winter if your ever in town pop over and have a look .
I'll give you a shout when I pop down mate Thumbs up
Back to top Go down
tom w

tom w

Male Number of posts : 108
Drives : 20vt ibiza / mk2 valver track toy
Registration date : 2009-07-19

PostSubject: Re: Dings/Dents, Scratch removal and machine polishing   Dings/Dents, Scratch removal and machine polishing EmptySat Jul 16 2011, 10:12

I have a couple of small dents I need sorting on the Ibiza and probably a good mopping/polishing ,also we have a mk4 golf that could do with a similar treatment
Back to top Go down
CaddyRage
Admin
CaddyRage

PostSubject: Re: Dings/Dents, Scratch removal and machine polishing   Dings/Dents, Scratch removal and machine polishing EmptySat Jul 16 2011, 13:37

tom w wrote:
I have a couple of small dents I need sorting on the Ibiza and probably a good mopping/polishing ,also we have a mk4 golf that could do with a similar treatment

Not a problem mate. Busy next weekend but can do the following weekend sometime if that's cool with you?
Pm me address and I'll reply with a few quotes
Back to top Go down
Dan_Dubb

Dan_Dubb

Male Number of posts : 34
Drives : Purple Mk2 1.3 Golf.
Registration date : 2010-05-05

PostSubject: Re: Dings/Dents, Scratch removal and machine polishing   Dings/Dents, Scratch removal and machine polishing EmptyThu Sep 01 2011, 18:04

my car got keyed quite recently, that's all really and a few stone marks at the front of the bumper, pm me a quote ? Smile
Thanks,
Dan
Back to top Go down
LOWANDSLOW

LOWANDSLOW

Male Number of posts : 877
Drives : Mk2 golf 8v
Registration date : 2010-04-11

PostSubject: Re: Dings/Dents, Scratch removal and machine polishing   Dings/Dents, Scratch removal and machine polishing EmptySat Nov 26 2011, 22:25

How deep can you get out my wifes beetle got keyed on drivers side front to back how much would I be looking at ?
Back to top Go down
CaddyRage
Admin
CaddyRage

PostSubject: Re: Dings/Dents, Scratch removal and machine polishing   Dings/Dents, Scratch removal and machine polishing EmptySat Nov 26 2011, 23:16

LOWANDSLOW wrote:
How deep can you get out my wifes beetle got keyed on drivers side front to back how much would I be looking at ?

What colour is it mate?
Back to top Go down
LOWANDSLOW

LOWANDSLOW

PostSubject: Re: Dings/Dents, Scratch removal and machine polishing   Dings/Dents, Scratch removal and machine polishing EmptySun Nov 27 2011, 07:08

Reflex Silver mate Thumbs up
Back to top Go down
CaddyRage
Admin
CaddyRage

PostSubject: Re: Dings/Dents, Scratch removal and machine polishing   Dings/Dents, Scratch removal and machine polishing EmptySun Nov 27 2011, 09:43

LOWANDSLOW wrote:
Reflex Silver mate Thumbs up

How wide is the scratch at its worst point mate. Pic?

Silver is crap for improving so you may need to get it painted
Back to top Go down
snaylor91

snaylor91

Male Number of posts : 99
Drives : MK3 Golf
Registration date : 2011-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Dings/Dents, Scratch removal and machine polishing   Dings/Dents, Scratch removal and machine polishing EmptySun Nov 27 2011, 09:53

Hi,

I was miles from home and car got covered in bird s#!t so got it washed by a side of the road car wash. They've used the wrong cloths for polishing and now got loads of really faint scratches.. Can you get these out? Also I've got 2 or 3 hairline filler cracks. And a couple bits where paints come off putting it together after respray and a paint run or two.

How much if this can you sort out? And a rough price? Can take pics if necessary...
Back to top Go down
LOWANDSLOW

LOWANDSLOW

PostSubject: Re: Dings/Dents, Scratch removal and machine polishing   Dings/Dents, Scratch removal and machine polishing EmptySun Nov 27 2011, 12:38

Will take a pic and post it up later thanks mate
Back to top Go down
CaddyRage
Admin
CaddyRage

PostSubject: Re: Dings/Dents, Scratch removal and machine polishing   Dings/Dents, Scratch removal and machine polishing EmptySun Nov 27 2011, 13:38

snaylor91 wrote:
Hi,

I was miles from home and car got covered in bird s#!t so got it washed by a side of the road car wash. They've used the wrong cloths for polishing and now got loads of really faint scratches.. Can you get these out? Also I've got 2 or 3 hairline filler cracks. And a couple bits where paints come off putting it together after respray and a paint run or two.

How much if this can you sort out? And a rough price? Can take pics if necessary...

Yeah can sort the scratches mate but the panels with filler cracks will need painting again. I fully mop cars to a high standard for £120 no matter what the colour.
Back to top Go down
snaylor91

snaylor91

Male Number of posts : 99
Drives : MK3 Golf
Registration date : 2011-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Dings/Dents, Scratch removal and machine polishing   Dings/Dents, Scratch removal and machine polishing EmptySun Nov 27 2011, 17:25

Cool, I'll hit you up about that in the new year
Back to top Go down
CaddyRage
Admin
CaddyRage

PostSubject: Re: Dings/Dents, Scratch removal and machine polishing   Dings/Dents, Scratch removal and machine polishing EmptySun Nov 27 2011, 17:39

snaylor91 wrote:
Cool, I'll hit you up about that in the new year

No probs mate
Back to top Go down
CaddyRage
Admin
CaddyRage

PostSubject: Re: Dings/Dents, Scratch removal and machine polishing   Dings/Dents, Scratch removal and machine polishing EmptyWed Dec 07 2011, 21:03

Just to show you the kind of stuff i do. Here's some pic's i took of a Bad scratch on a volvo c30 roof.

Before
Dings/Dents, Scratch removal and machine polishing IMG_1172
Dings/Dents, Scratch removal and machine polishing IMG_1173

After(yes, its the same part of roof on the same car!)
Dings/Dents, Scratch removal and machine polishing IMG_1174
Dings/Dents, Scratch removal and machine polishing IMG_1175

Saved from having to be painted Thumbs up
Back to top Go down
shippy666

shippy666

Male Number of posts : 454
Drives : Mk1 Golf gti, E36 Bmw, mitsubishi pajero 4x4
Registration date : 2010-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Dings/Dents, Scratch removal and machine polishing   Dings/Dents, Scratch removal and machine polishing EmptyThu Dec 08 2011, 07:39

i wouldn't of guessed where the scratch was if it wasn't for the arrows pointing it out lol!

nice work lee,looks the business Thumbs up
Back to top Go down
CaddyRage
Admin
CaddyRage

PostSubject: Re: Dings/Dents, Scratch removal and machine polishing   Dings/Dents, Scratch removal and machine polishing EmptyThu Dec 08 2011, 18:39

Lol, i was inspecting at the time so i mark out the damage. I just ended up doing the car myself.

Saved another few panels today that an independant inspector had put down to be painted Cool
Back to top Go down
Tiz

Male Number of posts : 3773
Drives : myself mental
Registration date : 2008-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Dings/Dents, Scratch removal and machine polishing   Dings/Dents, Scratch removal and machine polishing EmptyThu Dec 29 2011, 10:57

lee, got a b*****d dent in the seat last night around the drivers door handle its just pushed the metal in its not creased and doesnt seem to be any paint damaged. You have to catch the dent in the right light to see it also got a few little dents on the front wings from twats at work opening their doors. Hard to estimate without seeing i know but any ideas on a really rough charge and when you would be able to take a look?

Cheers
Back to top Go down
CaddyRage
Admin
CaddyRage

PostSubject: Re: Dings/Dents, Scratch removal and machine polishing   Dings/Dents, Scratch removal and machine polishing EmptyThu Dec 29 2011, 11:13

If marks brought his rods home then he might be able to sort them while we're off work mate. Otherwise it'll be a weekend

A rough price for ding/dents would be minimum £30 a panel. More depending on the state of the panel(damage) and weather trim etc needs to be removed for access.

If theres dents in the quarters then the interior will need removing in your ibiza as i've already looked into it with mine mate.
Back to top Go down
Tiz

Male Number of posts : 3773
Drives : myself mental
Registration date : 2008-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Dings/Dents, Scratch removal and machine polishing   Dings/Dents, Scratch removal and machine polishing EmptyMon Jan 02 2012, 09:29

cheers dude i'll probably wait till all the shitty weather is done with before i go about trying to tidy it up but im sure ill be in touch Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dings/Dents, Scratch removal and machine polishing   Dings/Dents, Scratch removal and machine polishing Empty

Back to top Go down

Dings/Dents, Scratch removal and machine polishing
Page 1 of 1