fendubbers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

My Corrado G60....

Go down 
+5
VW Mike
jaques_g60
MarkGTX
matty_mk1
Stu_G60
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Stu_G60

Stu_G60

Male Number of posts : 15
Drives : 91 Corrado G60
Registration date : 2011-10-03

My Corrado G60.... Empty
PostSubject: My Corrado G60....   My Corrado G60.... EmptyMon Oct 17 2011, 20:00

Hi all

Thought i would get some pics up of the G60

I Brought the car Oct 2010 with 118000 on the clock and it was totally standard except the KW V1's and the TH Lines that i just couldnt afford at the time so it got the car on the 15 " 7" BMW RZ's
this is how it looked on the TH Lines
My Corrado G60.... Th_lin10
i wish i would have had the money at the time

The car has had a windows out respray in 2009 in its original colour Pearl grey and also had the nuberplate recess filled in and smoothed over

some random pics

My Corrado G60.... 02102011
My Corrado G60.... 03042010
My Corrado G60.... 25032010
My Corrado G60.... Yeah10
Since buying its had the following work

new Starter Motor
New Battery
New Sony Xplod headunit + little infinity basslink sub & amp
second hand Platinum grey cloth interior as the existing was totally ruined
Uprated headlight wiring loom(such a difference)
Replaced with Rocker cover + new Gastget
Electric window runners had come away from the glass so had to cut away all the old bonding glue and re glue with tigerseal
replaced both door handle pins (while doing so i found 5 old broken pins inside the door drivers side Laughing )
new accelerator cable
new expansion tank and G12+
Oil change + Filter
K&N pannel filter
Distributor and Rotor arm
Fan belt + Power steering belt (done at garage as it was too cold for me)
Bar Tek RSR Charger Outlet
68MM pully + 1640 Drive belt to match
Bosche Platinum single electode G40 Plugs (theyre a bit taller and run slightly cooler)
New rear centre cap as some pillock stole one (then got the Red BBS logo to cover the BMW centres)
Continental Sport Contact 2 for the rears
The car came with a powerflow two box system that made a bid for freedom so i replaced it with its current Scorpion stailess 3 box which is a little queter so more charger noise. Thumbs up i also found the decat pipe on the car which i had no idea about so that was nice....

The most painfull was when i sent my existing G-Ladder off to get rebuilt, ported and polishedby JMR old unit off
My Corrado G60.... Old_un10

and it was diagnosed beyond help so after a month or so of getting offered chargers with no history for big money(idiots some people are) i struck gold as G-werks had one in stock so i had it rebuilt and ported and polished
here it is
My Corrado G60.... New_g010

My Corrado G60.... New_g_10

in the car....
My Corrado G60.... Mock_u10

had to run it in for about 350 miles under 3k which was pretty anoying but worth the wait and the speed that the flowed G-ladder builds boost is insane + the noise

i would like to get head rebuild and flowed + Shrick Cam new valves but first i think i need a better clutch and to upgrade my brakes before upping the power any more also ive no idea what chip or engine management its running and although the ECU can adapt to some mods it would benefit from a propper live map.

i heard you have a meet at the end of every month in cambs ? i'll pop along to the next one if i can

cheers guys
Back to top Go down
matty_mk1

matty_mk1

Male Number of posts : 6255
Drives : Mk2 audi TT / BBM mk2 VR / Air'd passat wagen
Registration date : 2008-01-24

My Corrado G60.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Corrado G60....   My Corrado G60.... EmptyMon Oct 17 2011, 20:09

looks nice mate. markgtx on here now has them th-lines Razz
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=680468476&
Stu_G60

Stu_G60

My Corrado G60.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Corrado G60....   My Corrado G60.... EmptyMon Oct 17 2011, 20:18

cheers mate Very Happy
i would like to get the RZ's refurbed but it seems that every month there is a new problem or somthing else to save for and at the moment wheels really have taken a back seat on this car which is a shame.....

BTW lovely MK2 i think i read the build thread on edition 38 a while ago ..... ?
Back to top Go down
MarkGTX

MarkGTX

Male Number of posts : 2925
Drives : Rocco and Passat
Registration date : 2008-01-19

My Corrado G60.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Corrado G60....   My Corrado G60.... EmptyMon Oct 17 2011, 20:35

Yeah they are my wheels, small world!
Back to top Go down
matty_mk1

matty_mk1

Male Number of posts : 6255
Drives : Mk2 audi TT / BBM mk2 VR / Air'd passat wagen
Registration date : 2008-01-24

My Corrado G60.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Corrado G60....   My Corrado G60.... EmptyMon Oct 17 2011, 21:30

Stu_G60 wrote:
cheers mate Very Happy
i would like to get the RZ's refurbed but it seems that every month there is a new problem or somthing else to save for and at the moment wheels really have taken a back seat on this car which is a shame.....

BTW lovely MK2 i think i read the build thread on edition 38 a while ago ..... ?

cheers Smile , yeah ive got a thread on edition. Its for sale now though
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=680468476&
Stu_G60

Stu_G60

My Corrado G60.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Corrado G60....   My Corrado G60.... EmptyTue Oct 18 2011, 07:30

MarkGTX wrote:

you got them from Andy Green in doncaster? thats crazy

i think you should give them back to my car......? Cool

matty_mk1

are you selling up for somthing newer ? or more powerfull ?
Back to top Go down
jaques_g60

jaques_g60

Number of posts : 257
Drives : MK1 Golf 16v
Registration date : 2009-04-27

My Corrado G60.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Corrado G60....   My Corrado G60.... EmptyTue Oct 18 2011, 07:37

For some reason my post has disappeared? Lol saw you on Saturday coming into the grand arcade carpark. Looked pretty sweet Smile
Back to top Go down
Stu_G60

Stu_G60

My Corrado G60.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Corrado G60....   My Corrado G60.... EmptyTue Oct 18 2011, 07:46

jaques_g60 wrote:
For some reason my post has disappeared? Lol saw you on Saturday coming into the grand arcade carpark. Looked pretty sweet Smile

lol yeah that was a nightmare getting parked up

was that you in the ice violet Rado?

do you have TH lines aswell? ............god dammit i want some
Back to top Go down
VW Mike
VW Mike

Male Number of posts : 2138
Drives : LWB T5 and 69 bug - we will see who is fastest on the strip hey Mark ;)
Registration date : 2008-01-18

My Corrado G60.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Corrado G60....   My Corrado G60.... EmptyTue Oct 18 2011, 08:11

Nice dude! I've got a sweet spot for G60's!
Back to top Go down
http://www.mightymetamorphicracing.co.uk
jaques_g60

jaques_g60

My Corrado G60.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Corrado G60....   My Corrado G60.... EmptyTue Oct 18 2011, 09:12

Stu_G60 wrote:
jaques_g60 wrote:

lol yeah that was a nightmare getting parked up

was that you in the ice violet Rado?

do you have TH lines aswell? ............god dammit i want some

Yeah dude that was me. Just about made it out of there with the splitter on the car lol!

Mine is on 16" th lines, im hopefully taking them off in a couple of weeks before the salt gets spread!

I might try and get to the meet to check yours out Smile
Back to top Go down
Stu_G60

Stu_G60

My Corrado G60.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Corrado G60....   My Corrado G60.... EmptyTue Oct 18 2011, 13:07

@ Jaques
yeah that car park is just silly i was scraping and grinding all the way round..... didnt help having a few mates in tow lol

im so glad i have the 50mm splitter not the 90 as it would have said bye bye a long time ago

didnt see what flavour yours was ? must say i havnt seen an ice violt in the flesh and it looked stunning

when is the meet?

my cousin whose on here (i think).... has a pearl grey Mk2 GTD on turbines said its at cambs halfrauds on the last friday of the month ?

@VW Mike

thanks mate i like the G60's potential + noise.... plus if you overtake a VR it really puts their back up lol
Back to top Go down
martinb
martinb

Male Number of posts : 1760
Drives : Corrado G60
Registration date : 2008-01-31

My Corrado G60.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Corrado G60....   My Corrado G60.... EmptyTue Oct 18 2011, 22:14

Stu_G60 wrote:
@ Jaques
yeah that car park is just silly i was scraping and grinding all the way round..... didnt help having a few mates in tow lol

im so glad i have the 50mm splitter not the 90 as it would have said bye bye a long time ago

didnt see what flavour yours was ? must say i havnt seen an ice violt in the flesh and it looked stunning

when is the meet?

my cousin whose on here (i think).... has a pearl grey Mk2 GTD on turbines said its at cambs halfrauds on the last friday of the month ?

@VW Mike

thanks mate i like the G60's potential + noise.... plus if you overtake a VR it really puts their back up lol

Lovely Rado dude. Ahh, you are Adam's cousin then? He has mentioned your car a few times and I thougth i recognised the car from some of the pics in low morals (the dragster is a bit of a giveaway too!) Cool

The meets are always the last friday of the month.

Martin Smile

Back to top Go down
jaques_g60

jaques_g60

My Corrado G60.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Corrado G60....   My Corrado G60.... EmptyTue Oct 18 2011, 22:27

Cheers man, mine is just a 2.0 16v for now. I might do something about that in the future, then again my track record with engines isn't great haha

I think your cousin brought a g60 rocker cover from me about a year ago, and his mate got a silly cheap paddle clutch aswell Thumbs up
Back to top Go down
Stu_G60

Stu_G60

My Corrado G60.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Corrado G60....   My Corrado G60.... EmptyWed Oct 19 2011, 07:45

cheers mate

are you gonna bring ur rado to the meet also ?

Yeah Adam is my cousin, and all my family are obsessed with dragracing (thats my Dad's nostalgia slingshot in one of the pics, its on a demon carb atm and its a bloody pain running fine one day and wont idle the next Mad he runs in the wild-bunch class)

Count me in on the meet Thumbs up i need to come check out come of the local dubs which i very rarly see (im Based in St.Ives)

i have to check out your ice violet rado mate Thumbs up

yeah i beleive Adam did buy that for his charged Mk1 project and probs the clutch was Chris for his charged MK2 i think?

still theyve got some beef those 2.0 and some KR parts realy wakes them up

roll on payday so i can get some new bits for the rado......

Stewart
Back to top Go down
MarkGTX

MarkGTX

My Corrado G60.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Corrado G60....   My Corrado G60.... EmptyThu Oct 20 2011, 00:46

Stu_G60 wrote:
MarkGTX wrote:

matty_mk1

Yeah that's the guy, tbh I think they are a little wide for a rado, the rears at least
Back to top Go down
jaques_g60

jaques_g60

My Corrado G60.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Corrado G60....   My Corrado G60.... EmptyThu Oct 20 2011, 07:00

MarkGTX wrote:
Stu_G60 wrote:
MarkGTX wrote:

matty_mk1

Yeah that's the guy, tbh I think they are a little wide for a rado, the rears at least

No such thing as too wide lol!
Back to top Go down
Stu_G60

Stu_G60

My Corrado G60.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Corrado G60....   My Corrado G60.... EmptyMon Nov 28 2011, 15:54

Right....... I havnt really had much to write about recenty but i thought i'll get some pic up of the new grill which i just got (7 slat early style badgless)

also have some very plush all red rears fitted but no good pics

My Corrado G60.... In_the10
got this one from america

and here it is on the car
My Corrado G60.... 1new_g10

i think it looks so much better than my previous eyebrow which is now totally snapped and broken lol

also develpoped an issue with draining battery's overnight which turned out to be my fuel pump relay was constantly stuck on overrun killing my bettery(which was nice) so a trip to VW and a new relay sorted the problem
I also got some very needed new rubber upfront Toyo proxy T1R's (195/45/15/78v) and the tracking was so far off i got than done and now the car feels so much nicer with decent grip

havnt got much longer left now till the G goes off the road for the winter Sad oh well .....
Back to top Go down
Warby

Warby

Male Number of posts : 129
Drives : Mk3 Gti and Black E36 Coupe
Registration date : 2011-02-26

My Corrado G60.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Corrado G60....   My Corrado G60.... EmptyMon Nov 28 2011, 20:50

Looks good mate. Thumbs up What you gonna use over the winter?
Back to top Go down
Stu_G60

Stu_G60

My Corrado G60.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Corrado G60....   My Corrado G60.... EmptyTue Nov 29 2011, 07:45

Warby wrote:
Looks good mate. Thumbs up What you gonna use over the winter?

The bus......(dammit)

i'll be saving heaps of money without a car then come summer i'll have some money to play with for the car and a holiday would be nice lol Thumbs up
Back to top Go down
bridgedubber

bridgedubber

Male Number of posts : 1831
Drives : mk2 golf gti 2.0 8v, mk2 golf gti 2.0 16v ABF, mk4 golf gt tdi
Registration date : 2008-02-16

My Corrado G60.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Corrado G60....   My Corrado G60.... EmptyTue Nov 29 2011, 18:46

so how did you find that the relay was knackered?

could you hear the pump running even when the ignition was off?
Back to top Go down
Stu_G60

Stu_G60

My Corrado G60.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Corrado G60....   My Corrado G60.... EmptyTue Nov 29 2011, 19:14

From what i understand on charged VW's the number 90 relay activates an overrun which kicks the fan in and also the fuel pump (to drain the lines of fuel) when hot for around the 10 min mark when fully warmed up (to eliminate the potential hot start problems)and my car used to do this.......... but then i noticed that my fuel pump would still be on even after the fan had finished this cycle and even when the car wasnt even properly warmed up so a new relay seemed to sove this

Although there is a thermo switch near the fuel rail which can also cause this problem by making the ecu think the car is always hot.......

Back to top Go down
MarkGTX

MarkGTX

My Corrado G60.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Corrado G60....   My Corrado G60.... EmptySun Dec 04 2011, 17:37

You have pm
Back to top Go down
Stu_G60

Stu_G60

My Corrado G60.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Corrado G60....   My Corrado G60.... EmptySat Mar 10 2012, 19:06

right...... update time

so here is a pic of the all red rears
My Corrado G60.... 28012010

the wings and bonnet after some dodo purple haze
My Corrado G60.... After_10

Since last year ive just been replacing various coolant hoses as they go which isnt easy these days as VW seem to make any corrado part obsolete just for laughes

currently the car is sorned as of early jan so i have just been doing bits and bobs mainly interior trim parts and start it up every week and pump the brakes ect

Two weeks ago i started it up and was checking over the engine to make sure everything was fine when i spotted a radiator leak... new rad time for me

I decided that i would do some prep work on the car so its nice and easy to just pop the new rad in ect so while im moving various intercooler hoses and sensors and wires of the they way i notice that thre is oil coating the walls of one of my intercooler hoses

I pretty much know what this means strait away so i remove my RSR outlet from the exhaust side of the charger to find a part of the seal and a small metal chunk sat againt the outlet fins(which is very bad news) so i whiped the charger out the car
and got in into the garage
My Corrado G60.... Pic_110
cracked the unit open
My Corrado G60.... Pic_210
look at the second wall from the cente of the charger..... a part of the wall has flown away
My Corrado G60.... Pic_510
the other half apeared to be okay so i went to jabbasport and got brian have a look
My Corrado G60.... Pic_610

the verdict is that the exhaust side of the charger is gone and totally unuseable but the inlet side and centre displacer is still in good nick so ive struck a deal with Brian at jabba for him to supply an Exhaust casing and the for it to be Stage 4 rebuild(funds providing)

pretty livid about it to be honest as that unit which was supplied by G-werks has only done just over 3 k which is total dog mess in my books

so for me the car is off the road for a while while i gather parts (and money) .... It may not see the road this year to be honest with other comitments and also its a good opertunity to replace various parts as i go

anyway here is my new rad
My Corrado G60.... 10032010
im trying to source some coolant hoses at the moment but again VW dont have any so the hunt is on....

cheers
Back to top Go down
jackc

jackc

Male Number of posts : 1167
Drives : mk2 golf gti 16v, mk2 golf gti 8v, mk2 golf 1.3, mk4 golf
Registration date : 2009-04-26

My Corrado G60.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Corrado G60....   My Corrado G60.... EmptyThu Mar 15 2012, 14:25

i love this corrado, its such a clean example and for some reason im loving the colour
Back to top Go down
Stu_G60

Stu_G60

My Corrado G60.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Corrado G60....   My Corrado G60.... EmptySat Mar 17 2012, 11:53

cheers mate.... yeah the colour was pretty much what sold the car to me as soon as i saw it i got my rose tinted glasses on lol (Pearl Grey in G60 form is quite a rare colour)

right so i took a look at my old rotting rad cowling and decided to clean it up a bit so..... sanded it down
My Corrado G60.... 10032012
then got some layerers of primer on
My Corrado G60.... 10032011
then some simonz gloss black (its not perfect but its a hell of allot better and sealed from rust for years to come now)
My Corrado G60.... 10032013
and then got the fan back together ready for the fresh rad
My Corrado G60.... 10032014

next up will be getting my spare rocker cover shot blasted next weekend and some of the charger brackets done at the same time

i could also do with getting a new belt tensioner as the rubbers on mine are faily shot lol

cheers

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My Corrado G60.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Corrado G60....   My Corrado G60.... Empty

Back to top Go down

My Corrado G60....
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next