fendubbers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

MK6 GTI Rear Fog

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Eat_My_Shorts

Eat_My_Shorts

Number of posts : 6
Drives : 2012 GTI - Autobahn 6MT
Registration date : 2013-02-17

MK6 GTI Rear Fog Empty
PostSubject: MK6 GTI Rear Fog   MK6 GTI Rear Fog EmptySun Feb 17 2013, 18:52

US Spec 2012 GTI, needing to get my MOT done and all I need is the rear fog. I already purchased the Euro LED tails and Euro switch. My only problem is trying to figure out how to wire in the rear fog.

I have asked on a US forum and all they have worked with is getting the rear fog on the left side. The right side has not been completed by anyone.

Can't post links so will post a brief of what I have so far.

Originally Posted by SwanyD
Valeoray - I've got a pin listing and the wire I can't seem to find is the "Right reversing bulb" I know for putting a fog light in NA (left side of car), you move the wire from the black CECM connector (A28 - LEFT Reversing bulb -M16-) to the brown connector (C47 - Rear LEFT fog light bulb -L46-). I need to figure out which wire to move to the brown connector (C28 - Rear RIGHT fog light bulb -L47-). If you have any idea of which wire to move for the right, that would help a ton.

In reading, it seems logical to me to take the wire from C28 and plug it into C47. It appears the C47 plug provides power to the rear fog light. By plugging the wire from C28 (the wire that goes to the right side rear backup light) to C47, you should have it working. You might have to plug the wire at A28 back to C28 to have your left side backup light continue working. Essentially, you're following the same instructions as per the thread above, but you're switching the left and right reverse bulb wires around.

From what I'm reading....
A28 (Black Connector pin 28) is the left reverse light
C28 (Brown connector pin 28) is the right reverse light

A28 will stay where its at because I want the drivers side reverse light
Only thing I cant figure out is what is pin C47?

Will unplugging C47 and plugging C28 into cause a problem? Or is C47 what A17 connect to to turn on the rear fog? Just trying to work this all though my head and try not to burn up my car in the process.

Back to top Go down
CaddyRage
Admin
CaddyRage

Male Number of posts : 6348
Drives : T4 2.5tdi daily, 83 mk1 golf gti 16v, 92 mk1 Caddy project
Registration date : 2007-12-29

MK6 GTI Rear Fog Empty
PostSubject: Re: MK6 GTI Rear Fog   MK6 GTI Rear Fog EmptySun Feb 17 2013, 21:54

TBH, i'am not clued up on mk6 golfs but if it was mine then i'd probs go check out a rhd model and compare the differances on the the rear clusters mate.

If your MOT is due now though, you could always stick an aftermarket fog on just for the test then wip straight off after Wink . Then you got another year to get your head around the wiring lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.fendubbers.co.uk
Eat_My_Shorts

Eat_My_Shorts

MK6 GTI Rear Fog Empty
PostSubject: Re: MK6 GTI Rear Fog   MK6 GTI Rear Fog EmptyTue Feb 19 2013, 20:27

Was able to get everything wired up, just having issues with the coding.

Anyone in the area have an MK6 GTI? Looking to get a VCDS/VAGCOM scan of your car, specifically looking for bit 18 under central electronics. Tried to code everything and pretty much coded stock for a US spec my right side rear fog always stays on. Tried to code for LEDs on ROW and now my left reverse light stays on so pretty sure its a code issue.

If you have a MK6 I have a vagcom and willing to meetup please let me know. Would be more then happy to drive to your location.
Back to top Go down
CaddyRage
Admin
CaddyRage

Male Number of posts : 6348
Drives : T4 2.5tdi daily, 83 mk1 golf gti 16v, 92 mk1 Caddy project
Registration date : 2007-12-29

MK6 GTI Rear Fog Empty
PostSubject: Re: MK6 GTI Rear Fog   MK6 GTI Rear Fog EmptyTue Feb 19 2013, 20:42

Can't you find out at the vw dealer in Peterborough. It's down the fengate part mate

Ps, your vcds could be handy with my Ibiza prob. Thinking bout it, is the mk3 rocco the same wiring as your mk6 golf study
Back to top Go down
http://www.fendubbers.co.uk
Eat_My_Shorts

Eat_My_Shorts

MK6 GTI Rear Fog Empty
PostSubject: Re: MK6 GTI Rear Fog   MK6 GTI Rear Fog EmptyTue Feb 19 2013, 21:06

Working on the VW approach, happend to have my car there the other day and the tech working on my car is part of a FB group I also joined. Asked him to see if he could help me out. Looking for other venues if he cant help me out.

As for my VCDS I only got Microcan and has limited compatibility, check out http : // www . ross-tech.com/vag-com/Micro-CAN . html (cant post URL so had to space out)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

MK6 GTI Rear Fog Empty
PostSubject: Re: MK6 GTI Rear Fog   MK6 GTI Rear Fog Empty

Back to top Go down

MK6 GTI Rear Fog
Page 1 of 1