fendubbers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

need wiring help!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
adi

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2010-04-06

need wiring help! Empty
PostSubject: need wiring help!   need wiring help! EmptyMon Oct 04 2010, 20:10

I've converted my mk2 golf to digifant 8v, using a pre 90spec donor car. I've fitted everything I needed from the donor, all running gear, fuel pumps, wiring looms, clocks, MFA stalks, the lot. But the fuel pump won't prime when the ignition is turned on, it turns over OK, and the ignition stays on when its turned off. I've had a mate with a digifant gti come down today so I can check all my relays and wiring is connected correctly. I did have some things plugged in wrong, which I've rectified. There is also a really long cable that goes from the coolant tank side of the bulkhead to the airbox side with a plug thats identical to the coolant bottle and brake fluid resevoir plugs, with a brown and red/white wire. No idea where it goes and I couldn't find it on a mates gti. Any ideas?
Back to top Go down
RE2000

Male Number of posts : 66
Drives : MK2 GTI 16v RE2000 Golf
Registration date : 2010-08-12

need wiring help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: need wiring help!   need wiring help! EmptyWed Oct 06 2010, 12:27

Well i would say consult a wiring diagram for this as there is many options.
But basic checks would be:

Check fuel pump relay is recieving power on ignition
Check wires on back of barrel are correct if the ignition stays on seems its not recognising the off position(ALso check earths are ok)

ill ask about also see if i can come up with some more.

I will have a wiring diagram soon for one of these so will post it when i get it.
Back to top Go down
adi

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2010-04-06

need wiring help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: need wiring help!   need wiring help! EmptyWed Oct 06 2010, 14:10

Its OK, I had an auto electrician come out to it, seemed the ECU was duff. I went and got another one, which seems to be as bad as the other one! I've taken the original one apart and found this....

need wiring help! P101006_111002

Just been and bought a good soldering kit, so I'm gonna repair it and hope it works!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

need wiring help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: need wiring help!   need wiring help! Empty

Back to top Go down

need wiring help!
Page 1 of 1