fendubbers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Passat ABS wiring...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Stampers

Stampers

Male Number of posts : 1553
Drives : BMW 32HATE
Registration date : 2009-07-06

Passat ABS wiring... Empty
PostSubject: Passat ABS wiring...   Passat ABS wiring... EmptyThu Dec 02 2010, 10:18

Hi Guys,

I'm looking to find out where the Passat B5.5 interior wiring for the ABS L&R sensors are.
I've read that they are under the "passenger side A-pillar connector station". However, that information comes from an American site and they are referring to the US spec'd car.

I need to tap into the ABS Left and ABS Right wires, so I can run them to the 26pin connector that goes into the back of my VW MFD Navi unit. The MFD relies upon these ABS signals to create an accurate representation of where the car is when the GPS signal is refreshing (through a tunnel etc).
Later cars/units use the GALA wire (the one that tells your Headunit to get louder when you drive faster) for the same function, however I have an earlier car and an earlier unit, therefore I need to use the ABS wires.

So does anyone know which wires I need to tap into, and where exactly they can be found in the cars interior? As far as I am aware they are a little 10pin block of grey wires in the passenger footwell which is described as the "passenger side A-pillar connector station". But thats all I know.

Here's the thread I've used to get the info from...
http://vwnavi.com/archive/index.php/t-6318.html

If anyone can explain to me where these wires are, hopefully I can manage to do all the rest.
If anyone has any photos, that would be even better! Cheers!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ghettofresh.co.uk

Passat ABS wiring...
Page 1 of 1