fendubbers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

My scirocco install (pic heavy)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
MrD

MrD

Male Number of posts : 152
Drives : Vauxhall Vivaro 2 ltr tdci work van/ Scirocco gtx 1.8 dx ,kent cam,6 point cage,vernier,k+n,soon to be 9a powered
Registration date : 2008-04-26

My scirocco install (pic heavy) Empty
PostSubject: My scirocco install (pic heavy)   My scirocco install (pic heavy) EmptySun Nov 22 2009, 10:28

Righty my wife has just bought a mk2 goof,it had a stealth shelf in the back,fitted with Sony xplod speakers,look pretty tasty,think they are rated at about 60w rms 260 peak,look pretty much brand new .
She does not have a stereo fitted at the mo,so i swapped her shelf with one i had from my roc = she is happy and so am i .
Now not so long ago i bought some jbl `s for my front doors,thease run on a seperate amp,to be honest i don`t think they are much cop,although they are trying to compete with a 400w sub.
So i think i will remove thease,can give them to the wife when we get her a stereo.
The shelf that held the 6x9`s was mdf,so i have butchered that,i plan on fitting them in the rear cards,so pretty much where my ears are,i also have some Kole tweeters running off the amp too,they are firing directly at me,mounted on the roll cage.

My scirocco install (pic heavy) Picture217 My scirocco install (pic heavy) Sonyxplods

That`s as far as i got before darkness crept up,called it a night,no point rushing it and making a mess.
Plan on sealing them inside there somehow,going to make it all fit nice,then cover it in the acoustic cloth that it was covered in to start with,and will prob put some deadening behind them in the arch so to speak.
Anyone else doing this ?

Well today i spent most of the afternoon playing about with the speakers ! I had some captive nut thingys the screw into wood with allen key,so screwed 3 into the panel ,in line with the holes that used to hold the trim on,and bolted the mdf on from behind,no an easy task at all,prob spent a good half hour trying to get 1 bolt in ! Was going to screw the speakers on from behind,but there just was not enough room there,so speakers are screwed in from the front,need to have a think about how i am going to finnish it off ? might make some sort of baffle around the front of the speaker so it does not touch the cloth stuff.
Got the other side to do next,but means i have to move the sub,as it`s blocking access to it,think i will bolt the sub in the middle now.
Although i only have one side installed the sound is 100% better than it was,sound now near my head instead of my ankles !!

Also got my new whell on ,thanks Mark H

My scirocco install (pic heavy) Picture219My scirocco install (pic heavy) Picture220

My scirocco install (pic heavy) Picture221

In hindsight i would have made a cardboard template,would have saved loads of time ,fitting and re fitting and re fitting !

What would look much better is having the original grills for the speakers,didn`t come with them as they were in the shelf.Anyone have a pair they don`t want ?
Well 4 more hours this morning,think i am pretty much there now,did spray glue some foam behind the speakers to act as deadening,can`t afford to shell out loads on Dynamat.
Only rattle i have at full whack is the rear numberplate.

My scirocco install (pic heavy) Picture235

My scirocco install (pic heavy) Picture236

My scirocco install (pic heavy) Picture237

My scirocco install (pic heavy) Picture238

Sub is screwed up from underneath,so it won`t go anywhere,then the ply is screwed from top and underneath too,so the thieves won`t have it away !
Few little bit`s to tidy,but i am pretty happy really,car is parked about 100 yrds from house,had the wife out moaning about the noise,so must be ok !

Been a busy boy again today.I decided i didn`t like what i had done with the mdf,whoever cut out the speaker holes didn`t do a very good job of it,and i was not 100% happy with the fit,have made the panels a bit longer,so it goes below the ply that the sub is bolted too,i also made another template,used some string and a pencil to get the line of the rear arch,it`s spot on now Very Happy

Not sure about the grey carpet stuff either,think i might just paint it all black,if i don`t like that i may cover it in something else

Only got the one job booked for the morning,so weather permiting i will be out there again tomorrow,plan on moving the other amp next to the sub,as it looks a bit untidy where it is at the mo....

My scirocco install (pic heavy) DSC00467My scirocco install (pic heavy) DSC00468

Here we go ! It`s far from finished yet ,but you get the gist of it !

My scirocco install (pic heavy) DSC00113My scirocco install (pic heavy) DSC00118

My scirocco install (pic heavy) DSC00117My scirocco install (pic heavy) DSC00115

My scirocco install (pic heavy) DSC00114My scirocco install (pic heavy) DSC00120

My scirocco install (pic heavy) DSC00116
Back to top Go down
Tiz

Male Number of posts : 3773
Drives : myself mental
Registration date : 2008-01-28

PostSubject: Re: My scirocco install (pic heavy)   My scirocco install (pic heavy) EmptySun Nov 22 2009, 10:49

i dont understand, you stripped your car out, fitted a cage and a fuel cell to save weight make it race car stylieeee whatever now you want it to be a nightclub too?
Back to top Go down
MrD

MrD

Male Number of posts : 152
Drives : Vauxhall Vivaro 2 ltr tdci work van/ Scirocco gtx 1.8 dx ,kent cam,6 point cage,vernier,k+n,soon to be 9a powered
Registration date : 2008-04-26

PostSubject: Re: My scirocco install (pic heavy)   My scirocco install (pic heavy) EmptySun Nov 22 2009, 12:07

Gotta have my sounds Tiz ! My neighbours have young kids,so i can`t bang it out too much at home ! Only chance i get to propperly listen to my mix cd`s is in the car (Used to be resident dj for Mr Whippy).Will be removing more to compensate for the added weight,and can remove the board the sub and amps are bolted too for track days My scirocco install (pic heavy) 460227,wanna go up another 200cc`s engine wise though,stay 8 v but do some work on the head,back cut valves etc.It`s still pretty nippy though !
Back to top Go down
Tiz

Male Number of posts : 3773
Drives : myself mental
Registration date : 2008-01-28

PostSubject: Re: My scirocco install (pic heavy)   My scirocco install (pic heavy) EmptySun Nov 22 2009, 12:11

MrD wrote:
Gotta have my sounds Tiz ! My neighbours have young kids,so i can`t bang it out too much at home ! Only chance i get to propperly listen to my mix cd`s is in the car (Used to be resident dj for Mr Whippy).Will be removing more to compensate for the added weight,and can remove the board the sub and amps are bolted too for track days My scirocco install (pic heavy) 460227,wanna go up another 200cc`s engine wise though,stay 8 v but do some work on the head,back cut valves etc.It`s still pretty nippy though !

Ah makes sense then i just was worried you was doing the usual chav thing haha strip out and fill full of speakers
Back to top Go down
brynt

brynt

Male Number of posts : 211
Drives : lupo gti
Registration date : 2008-05-13

PostSubject: Re: My scirocco install (pic heavy)   My scirocco install (pic heavy) EmptyMon Nov 30 2009, 21:46

it aint chav to fill ya car full of speakers just means ya weight ya car down more lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My scirocco install (pic heavy)   My scirocco install (pic heavy) Empty

Back to top Go down

My scirocco install (pic heavy)
Page 1 of 1